Friday, June 28, 2024

June 28, 2024

Blog Post Previous:
Post #43 of 758 total is from May 7, 2012 in my previous blog:
My application to Beta test something new & cool has been accepted! I like Beta testing ... I've got the Beta of firefox on here right now, but the most Beta testing fun I ever had was Beta testing the larger software like Windows (I Beta tested Chicago) & AOL. This is a 1st Beta testing an EA game though & I can't wait! It looks like it's going to be really fun based on the screenshots I've seen. Other than that, I had a good weekend, watched Meet Joe Black again & really enjoyed it again. Made a wonderful beef roast with potatoes & baby carrots yesterday, & LCFD Maintenance on Tuesday. :)

Blog Today:
I got a little distracted yesterday & learned a lot about numerology. I'm thinking of selling readings on Fiverr. I'm going to practice on myself first though & once I get good (and faster) at it, I'll put an ad up on Fiverr. It's not going to be anything special, it's going to be like a horoscope but instead of using astrology I'll be using biorhythms & numerology. "The stars might lie but the numbers never do!" (a lyric from a song I like). I got so distracted with learning & planning yesterday that I didn't craft, game, work on the home, or play Minecraft. It's ok though, I was really excited & I like that ... being that amped up over something is nice instead of just sitting & knitting while staring at the TV. Knitting is productive, but not nearly as exciting.

Craft:
As I mentioned above, I got so sidetracked with numerology that I didn't craft yesterday. I'm currently working on a pair of 2-needle flat knit socks. I'm thinking of diversifying my crafting again. I'm really torn between having only ONE project at a time going vs having one of EACH TYPE of project going for variety. You know, knit one day, bead another, etc.

Dinner:
No special plans for dinner tonight, just peanut butter on rye, open faced. Every time I look at a previous blog post from 12 years ago I'm amazed at all the beautiful dinners I used to cook. Back then though, the kids were little & living at home & hubby wasn't diabetic yet with high triglycerides & all the other issues. These days I'm only preparing dinner for myself & a beef roast with vegetables seems like a lot of time & effort for 'just me', so peanut butter on bread is just fine. Sad, but fine.

Game of the Day:
House Flipper

Home:
The home location I'd like to concentrate on improving today is outdoors (anywhere on the property). The only problem with that is when I get to that it's also going to be the hottest time of the day & here, that's going to be 99°. Nope!

Minecraft:
These days my main focus is a personal world called Aurora that I've had for over a decade. I play that world only in creative mode on peaceful because I'm building a town & I love love love how it looks. Every build is on a site called BuildPaste & some nights I livestream a minecart tour around the town. This proved annoying at first because it never failed, I'd fall asleep with the livestream going & some stupid animal would walk onto the track & stop the cart. I wake up & the cart is just sitting there. I think I sufficiently killed every living thing that can walk onto the tracks now. I feel bad, I hate killing animals in Minecraft, but they were screwing up my livestream. A friend of mine who, like me, starts up a Minecraft server for about a month (every 3 months) started a new one & invited me, so I've been playing on there for now. On day 1 I went way out far from spawn & found a place in the woods. It was great, but it was too dangerous. Too dark because of all the trees, too many monsters, & I had nothing. No armor, starter weapons ... I had to get out of there. I came back to spawn on day 2 & found a place out in the open plains on the water, away from spawn but near enough to run over there now & then. On day 3 the owner said "come closer, we have plenty of room right here at spawn!", so I pulled up my floor that I had just put down (I started building already) & moved over there. Right in the big middle of things. I found a nice place on the edge of a cliff overlooking the water & in plain sight of the house at spawn. I built my house there. Things were great, except someone kept planting huge spruce trees all over the field in between my house & spawn. That made it darker, I had no view (except tree trunks), & it was a monster spawning nightmare after dark. To cut down these trees takes a lot of time & effort because they're massive 4x4 super tall trees. I cut them all down. The next day I logged in & they were all back. This went on several times & I finally packed up all my stuff & moved. Now I'm on a small island out in the ocean away from everyone. It's bright, open, & beautiful. I'm staying there. I really like these guys on the server & I've known them over a decade, but I like the nice bright open plains & they apparently love trees. Lots of them. Anyway, I built my starter home in the center of the island & next I'm going to build a beautiful fishing dock.

Image of the Day:

Reading:

  • Intellectual: My ability to learn new things is at 98%. It's an amazing day to take a class at Udemy or watch a YouTube how to video!
  • Intuitive: My intuition is at only 1% today, I'm not going to assume or guess about anything.
  • Day: Today is a day for Arts, Creativity, Fun Day, Optimism, Outings, Sociability.
  • Month: Change, Freedom, Variety
  • Year: Change, Discovery, Freedom, & Travel

No comments:

Post a Comment