Sunday, January 17, 2016

January 17, 2016


Good morning everyone! Only 2 months since my last entry ... not too terrible compared to the last time. So how is everyone? I'm going great! I stopped smoking!! Stopped, not quit. I have decided that there's a definite difference. When you quit smoking, it's a conscious choice you make. You decide that you're going to quit smoking & you set a date & on that date you hide all the ash trays, throw out your cigarettes, give away your lighters, etc. Then you stop smoking & usually take it out on everyone around you, much to their horror. I didn't do that. I enjoyed smoking & had no plans to quit. This whole thing happened over 3 days & went like this: Day 1. I woke up, had a cigarette & it didn't taste as good as usual. Kinda like they were a little bit stale. I just assumed I had a cold. That night hubby & I sat down to watch TV like we always do & I made my usual bag of microwave popcorn. It didn't taste quite right either. Now I was almost certain I must be coming down with a cold. The next morning I woke up, again lit a cigarette & it tasted worse than the day before. Yep ... I have a cold. Strange though, I felt just fine ... but my taste buds were definitely "off". That night, TV ... popcorn ... tasted worse ... confirming this cold that I didn't "feel". Day 3: Saturday ... we went out, I lit a cigarette & it tasted FOUL! I mean horrible, nasty, licking an ash tray foul! It gave me a headache that lasted for hours & it took me a long time to get the horrible taste out of my mouth. That was the last cigarette I ever smoked in its entirety. That night I made a bag of popcorn & it was also horrible. That was the last bag of popcorn I ever microwaved. So you see, I didn't "quit" smoking ... I just stopped. Since that happened I have tried a couple of times to have a cigarette. I take a single puff & out it goes. I just can't do it anymore. Cigarettes & microwave popcorn are forever out of my life. Definitely a healthy thing for me! I have no idea what happened. Divine intervention? Your guess is as good as mine, but I'm not complaining. We've saved a fortune by not buying cigarettes anymore. As for the popcorn, another snack food has taken its place. Apparently I'm now completely addicted to Cheesy Poofs (Cheetos). They cost more than the popcorn! Ugh. Well, that's my huge news for the new year. I hope all of you are doing well. Until next time ... stay safe & be happy. This is the only life we're given, don't waste it being angry or sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment