Thursday, September 26, 2013

• September 26, 2013 •

Good morning! Busy day yesterday ... I made a boiled egg for breakfast, cleaned the house, got the mail, walked a mile & a half around the loop, got Quicken caught up w/ my accounts, took the dogs out, then had to help someone else & was out for the rest of the day until hubby got home from work. Because of this I wasn't here to record the season premier of Revolution or CSI & w/ our new setup, I absolutely MUST be here to press record on my PC or guess what? No shows. I got home after they both ended & searched 4 different sites for them ... nothing. Amazon, even though they charge us $2 per episode, doesn't have them available for quite a long time after the original airing. It could be days now DAMN IT! DAYS!! . . . ::: 4 hours of venting edited out ::: . . .

25.1 minutes: Average travel time to work in the U.S.

Balcones Del Valle, Mexico:
Thanks to Google Maps I can walk the streets of Mexico without ever leaving my desk. It's very pretty ... no other information on it though. I wish I had the nerve (& the money) to go there for real. :) Soon the money won't be a problem, but I'm WAY too chickenshit to travel out of the country ... especially to Mexico. I think I've seen too many movies. Well, that & my grandmother always told me to NEVER go to Mexico ... white chicks from the U.S. will be grabbed & sold off as slaves. ::: sigh ::: It's one thing for a grandmother to worry about her granddaughter's safety, but did she have to scare the crap out of me? Anyway, I've never had the nerve to go & prove her wrong. I've never even been to California (or a lot of other states for that matter). Leaving the country is something that just scares me. I wouldn't be afraid to go to Canada ... but Mexico? Too bad, it really does look pretty & this isn't even a tourist trap. It's just a completely random part of Mexico pulled out of a  virtual hat. A 937 mile drive south from my driveway. I could be there in 15 hours. Longer if I stopped to sightsee along the way. I'd be passing right through Plano, Dallas, Waco, Austin, San Antonio, Nuevo Laredo, Monterrey, & Saltillo, just to name a few!

Color-code each person's bedsheets for instant recognition.

In 2001, Australian patent lawyer John Keogh got an Innovation Patent for a "circular transportation facilitation device," AKA the wheel. He was trying to show the flaws of Australia's new & confusing patent system.

I ran into NBC's crack meteorologist & resident doorstop today, Dr. Frank Field, & I says, "Doctor, what makes the leaves turn color?" And he says, "Well, you tell them a few dirty jokes and they -" -Johnny Carson 1971

Kayak:
The #1 Mobile Travel App. Includes flight and car search, hotel search and booking, flight tracker and My Trips, so you have your full itinerary at your fingertips. And of course, KAYAK is free.
- Compare flight, hotel and car rental deals
- Book your hotel, right in the app. Just choose KAYAK as your booking option
- Track your flight status
- View and manage your trip itinerary
- Look up baggage fees
- Access airline numbers and airport info
Upgrade to the PRO version for neat airport terminal maps.

Memorable Meals:
Memorable Meals is a beautiful app for quickly recording, remembering and sharing your favorite meals, homemade or at a restaurant. Its focused, intuitive design makes it easy and fun to create memory-jogging notes of your favorite dishes. Now you can remember and share all the great meals you experience, with minimum effort.
Memorable Meals features:
• A beautiful, specialized design that makes it fun and easy to record meals
• Photos, voice memos and single-tap quick notes that reduce finger typing
• Editing of your meal records so you can fine-tune or add to them later
• Sharing with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and email
• A meal list you can search, browse or sort to quickly find meal records
How you use it: Start a new record at a restaurant or at home when you have a great meal you know you'll want to remember. Checkboxes, quick notes and voice memos let you enter meal details quickly, with just a few taps. Add to your record by taking a photo or using one from your camera roll. If you're the thorough type, you can add or edit meals later and include details, recipe notes or website links. Then, share your favorite meals with friends and family by email, Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr. --- Think of Memorable Meals as an extension of the food-loving part of your brain.

Ways to improve your car's speed top 10:
  1. Turbo charger
  2. Synthetic oil
  3. Bigger tires
  4. Nitrous oxide
  5. Performance chips
  6. Exhaust system
  7. Fuel injection
  8. Air induction
  9. Pop-up high compression pistons
  10. Supercharger
When we really, deeply understand each other, we open the door to creative solutions & 3rd alternatives. Our differences are no longer stumbling blocks to communication & progress. Instead, they become stepping stones to synergy.

With Neptune in hiding you're going to get whatever you want this week. A mobile tattoo parlor could be the answer to your dreams. A mobile chili parlor could be the end of your schemes.

No comments:

Post a Comment