Tuesday, September 24, 2013

○ September 24, 2013 ○

Good morning! I have it ... my annual fall cold. It sure didn't waste any time getting here. Yesterday began the fall season of TV & I was right here & ready for it. I have to be, no more DirecTV or DVR ... if I'm not sitting here when it airs, I don't get to see it. I tried the record option from the guide that came with the TV tuner for the PC, but it didn't work. In fact, the whole TV tuner thing isn't working today. I turned it on, found a channel, went full screen, & it crashed. After that, whenever I try to open it up, it says no tuner available. ::: sigh ::: At least I have the converter box in the bedroom for tonight's shows. Yesterday was productive. The FD got toned out to a med call, I cleaned the house, got the mail, took the dogs out, made lunch, then found ALL of our TV shows ... what nights & times they're on, which ones will be available on Amazon, etc. Then I went through & cleaned out my PC & moved my saved Sims games back onto the flash drive. Then it was time for the 1st show of the season ... Mom. How that show is supposed to be funny, I don't know. All it did was piss me off. I'll see if it gets any better as it progresses. During Mom they played a lot of previews for Hostages, so I watched that too until hubby got home from work. Yesterday's Sims game was Paristyler Villa & my Sim has been visiting all the public areas of town. This morning I took the dogs out & loaded up Exmoor. My Sim Daniel Koffi (2nd gen) is still in high school & has been doing his homework. Big news! Today I introduce a new section to this blog ... "Location of the Day". A purely random location in the U.S. (usually). Perfect for road trips, RVing, or just reading up on other places in our great nation. No, I haven't been to any of these places. I wish! I'm just doing the online research on them & bringing my findings to you.

Alcoholic drinks excluding wine & beer top 10:
  1. Absinthe
  2. Whiskey
  3. Brandy
  4. Gin
  5. Tequila
  6. Vodka
  7. Bourbon
  8. Mezcal
  9. Rum
  10. Herbal liqueur
FilterStorm:
Filterstorm has been designed from the ground up to meet your iPad and iPhone photo editing needs. Using a uniquely crafted touch interface, Filterstorm allows for more intuitive editing than its desktop counterparts with a toolset designed for serious photography. A favorite of Photojournalists, Filterstorm is at home in a professional workflow, or for anyone who simply wants to get the most out of their pictures while on the road.
Filterstorm contains a suite of powerful tools including layers, curves manipulation, color correction abilities, noise reduction, sharpening, vignetting, and black and white conversion fine-tuning. It also includes the powerful ability to adjust masks by brush, color range, gradient, and vignettes.
Tutorial videos are available at http://filterstorm.com and are linked to from within the app.
Features:
• Layers (Max 5 at a time. When a 6th is added, the bottom two layers will be automatically merged)
• Ability to apply adjustments to entire image, by brush, gradient, color range, vignette, or selecting opacity.
• Send images via Email, FTP,SFTP, Flickr, Dropbox, Twitter, and Facebook
• Export high-res images. Suggested max: 22MP (iPad2/iPhone4S), 7.5MP (iPhone 4), 5MP (iPad 1)
• Save edits as automations to apply to other images
• Edit masks with brushes (adjustable size, softness, and opacity)
• Edit masks with gradients
• Edit masks by color selection
• Edit masks by vignette
• Combine multiple images using layers and masks
• Curves: Luminance, RGB, Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow
• Levels tool: Luminance, RGB, Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow
• Autoexposure
• Brightness/Contrast
• Shadows/Highlights
• Color balance
• White point picker
• Temperature
• Saturation
• Text tool
• Black and white fine-tuning
• Image editing History
• Cropping, with the ability to specify aspect ratio
• Scaling/Scale to Fit
• Rotation & Image Straightening
• Add Borders
• Combine multiple exposures
• Vignetting (circular, or oval scaled to image aspect ratio)
• Sharpen
• Tone map (Simulated HDR)
• Blur
• Noise reduction
• Add noise
• Clone Tool
• Numerous layer blend modes
• EXIF support for JPEG and some RAWs
• IPTC support: For a full list of supported metadata tags, visit Filterstorm's website at http://filterstorm.com
Recommended by "Rough Guide to the iPad"
"Filterstorm was designed for the iPad from the beginning, and is a study in limitation and excellence." - App Craver
"While Filterstorm certainly won’t replace your image-optimization workflow on your desktop computer, it can prove useful (and fun) enough that you will want to put it to use for quick adjustments to fine-tune an image you want to share via your iPad. " - Digital Photo Pro

I know why I feel good today. I'll tell you. I had a very profitable day today. I had 2 gold fillings removed from my teeth & bought a condominium. -Johnny Carson 1980

Just because you're underwater doesn't mean you can't play hockey! Octopush is a sport where you compete to push a puck across the bottom of a swimming pool into goals.

Person w/ a foreign accent will approach you w/ clues about your future. Pretend you know what they're saying, point behind them & yell, "Glockenstubel!" at the top of your lungs & when they turn to look, run for your life.

San Giovanni, Italy:
I couldn't find a lot of information on San Giovanni, Italy, but Italy is a place I've always wanted to visit. San Giovanni is off the beaten path & probably a place I'd like to see since it doesn't seem to be in the middle of all the tourist traps like the major cities. I wish I could have found more information other than a weather report ... which translates to an average high of 62°F this week. Sounds nice! If any of you have been to San Giovanni, I would welcome pictures &/or info. You have your choice of 
Anonymous or full credit. :) Safe travels!

Set a time limit & use a timer to finish a task. You'll be surprised by how much you can accomplish when you're racing the clock.

Shazam:
Shazam recognizes music and media playing around you. Tap the Shazam button to instantly match, and then explore, buy and share. You can Shazam as much as you want!
Once you’ve tagged something, you can:
○ Buy from iTunes (and find others by the same artist)
○ Watch the videos on YouTube
○ Share tags on Shazam Friends
○ Use LyricPlay to sing along to streamed lyrics
○ Check out the artist’s bio and discography
You can also:
○ Preview and save your favorite tags
○ Share tags on Twitter, Facebook & G+
○ Explore what’s popular around the world with Shazam’s Interactive Maps
○ Tag without coverage, Shazam will match when you have a connection
Want Shazam but without the advertising? Upgrade to Shazam Encore, it only takes a few taps.
Notes:
○ Previewing and buying music requires the iTunes music store in your country. Previews are courtesy of iTunes.
○ Lyrics and LyricPlay™ available: US, CA, UK, FR, IT, DE, ES, AU, NZ

Time you invest to deeply understand the people you love brings tremendous dividends in open communication. Many of the problems that plague families & marriages simply don't have time to fester & develop. The communication becomes so open that potential problems can be nipped in the bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment