Monday, September 23, 2013

• September 23, 2013 •

Good morning! A long but productive weekend is behind me & the weather is still beautiful! Love it!! :) Saturday I got the mail & then headed out to Greenville to check out a dealership. Saw a NICE black Mustang & it was so tempting. Recently I've been searching for the "Empty Nest Mobile". I've spent the past 2 decades & about a decade before that (3 decades) driving large vehicles. The 1st decade it was for work, the past 2 decades it was so our children would be safe. I wanted as much space inside as I could get & something
large that could take on most anything. In my truck I mostly only worry about getting hit by busses or trains. :) Once our youngest leaves the nest in June though, I can ... for the 1st time ever ... get a tiny 2-seater, convertible, manual transmission sports car. My 'Empty Nest Mobile'. The black Mustang was cool, but a little large for what I was looking for, not a convertible, & not a manual transmission. A Miata is at the top of my list. A Pontiac Solstice is 2nd. On the way home we stopped at Fry's & picked up a TV tuner for my PC & an outdoor antenna. Saturday we hooked up the tuner card & got it working. Saturday's Sims game was the Criminal career & my Sim Renesmee is in the university on a distinguished phys ed award & has been going to classes. Sunday I went to work, took the dogs out, went to work again, made a boiled egg for breakfast, went to work at the other house, went to Taco Bell for lunch, went to work a 3rd time, showered, went through the Sunday paper, took the dogs out, went through my PDF files, cleared out my LCFD e-mail, checked out YouTube, then went to work on all the TVs again. With the TV tuner on the PC working, I went ahead & assembled the large antenna. With not enough cord to run it from the PC to outside, I just stuck it in my office (it's large, but it's not a huge mast antenna for the roof ... I'm not THAT crazy). It works well in here & there are only a couple channels I can't pick up this way. Now all I need is a LONG HDMI cable that can run from my PC to the large TV in the living room so we can watch live TV & our recorded shows in there. With the TV tuner on my PC, I no longer needed the TV & converter box out here in the kitchen so I moved it back into the bedroom w/ the large indoor antenna (the large outdoor antenna stayed on the PC). From the bedroom setup I can pick up whatever channels I was missing in here, but am missing a couple in there that I get in here. Funny. For example, I can't get channel 8 WFAA out here in my office, but I can pick it up just fine from the bedroom. It's all in the antenna direction. The antenna is in the only place I could put it out here in my office due to its short cable & large size, so that's OK. Once we get a longer cable, it'll be mounted outside, facing south. This will get EVERY available channel since I'm doing quite well & only missing a couple with it inside & facing east. Here's a note to anyone reading this who watches TV on their PC using Windows Media Center: If you haven't upgraded to Win8 yet, before you do, keep in mind that Windows Media Center has been REMOVED! You can ADD it ... for $100. As much as I enjoyed Windows Media Center in Windows 7, I'm NOT going to pay $100 to get it back in Win8. When everything was done last night we sat down & finally watched Star Trek: Into Darkness. It was GREAT! Yesterday's Sims game was Springmanor & my Sim Lewis is in the university on a distinguished fine arts award. He's been going to classes. This morning I woke up to another beautiful day! I took the dogs out & started up a new game in Sims. This one is Peristyler Villa (2nd pic). My Sim is Yvette (1st gen). She hates the outdoors, is a coward, computer whiz, & kleptomaniac w/ no sense of humor. Her lifetime wish is 'Posession is 9/10 of the Law' which is to possess $50k in stolen property. She likes vegetarian dim sum, custom music, & the color spiceberry. She won't be going to the university since she won't be working outside the home. Instead, she's going to just constantly visit as many places & people as she can until she steals enough 'stuff' to make her lifetime wish come true. Her furry companion is a Himalyn cat named Faith who is playful, lazy, & destructive.

American cats live the good life - 75% sleep in bed w/ people (in addition to mine).

How many watched the Emmy show? Okay. This hasn't been a good year for NBC. I tell you. The actors didn't show up. And the problem - usually the trouble w/ NBC's programs is the actors show up. -Johnny Carson 1980

Most well-known fairy tales top 10:
  1. Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs
  2. Cinderella
  3. Little Red Riding Hood
  4. Goldilocks & the 3 Bears
  5. Beauty & the Beast
  6. The Frog Prince
  7. Hansel & Gretel
  8. Pinocchio
  9. The 3 Little Pigs
  10. The Little Mermaid
Out of Milk:
* Best shopping list app for your phone *
Have you ever returned from grocery shopping and realized you forgot that one item you really needed? Then Out of Milk is the perfect app for you! Out of Milk is the best app for creating and sharing Grocery Lists.
* Awards and Recognition for Out of Milk *
Positively reviewed by the WSJ: 'The Out of Milk app is straightforward and offers three main list functions: shopping, pantry and to do.'
Babble: '#1 of Top 25 Apps For Moms'
Nielsen: 'Top 10 Most-Used Shopping Apps'
C-NET How To: 'Simplify your grocery shopping...'
Mashable: 'Grocery List Apps That Make Shopping, Syncing Lists Simple'
**********************
Why you need this app:
**********************
• Simplify your Grocery Shopping
• Share and email lists easily with friends and family instantly
• Manage your shopping lists online at our website www.outofmilk.com
• Cross platform - Out of Milk is available on all major platforms
• Save money by keeping track of what's in your pantry and having an organized shopping list before going to the store
• Save time by keeping track of your tasks in Out of Milk's integrated to-do lists
=================
App features
=================
• Built in sync to make sure your data is always safe and secure
• Gets smarter the more you use it - Out of Milk remembers your items to help you enter them faster in the future
• Integrated barcode scanner to make adding items to your lists simple and fun
• Create as many lists as you need
• Organize your lists by custom categories
• Send lists by email and text
• Use the product history to keep track of your purchases
================
Contact Us
================
Have questions or want to give us some feedback? We will help you any way we can through http://support.outofmilk.com/

People don't have to open up verbally before you can empathize ... You can be discerning, sensitive, & aware & you can live outside your autobiography when that is needed.

Robinson Crusoe was inspired by the real life experiences of Alexander Selkirk, a Scottish sailor who was marooned on an uninhabited island for 4 years.

Slip old socks onto your hands for an inexpensive & fast way to dust. It's an especially great way to clean venetian blinds.

Write the words "Rake Me" in a co-worker's desktop Zen garden.

Your lucky words this week are: kybo, hoochie-coochie, & Kevin.

No comments:

Post a Comment