Wednesday, September 18, 2013

September 18, 2013

Good morning! Yesterday was a good day. I made egg salad for breakfast, cleaned the house, the FD got toned out to a med call, I took a walk around the neighborhood, the FD got toned out to another med call, my Avon delivery came, I got the mail, paid the bills, showered, updated my iPhone 5 apps & checked out the Reminders app that came w/ the phone, took the dogs out, went dress shopping, & then settled down in front of my knitting machine to work on the Jewel of the Andes afghan I'm making on there (2nd pic). I actually managed to stay in yesterday. WOO! Don't get me wrong, I like going out ... but not EVERY day. I enjoy quiet days at home once in a while & finally got one yesterday. :)
Yesterday's Sims game was Glencove & my Sim Hazel is in the university on an apprentice fine arts award. She's been going to classes. This morning I took the dogs out & loaded up Northmont, one of my better houses that I built & one of my favorites of the one's I built. A lot went into this house & I was careful to make the style & landscaping match that of the house next door so that it doesn't clash as far as style. It looks great! My Sim Quinn is still a child & has been going to school.

As you learn to listen deeply to other people, you'll discover tremendous differences in perception.

Best states for a working mom to live top 10:
  1. New Jersey
  2. District of Columbia
  3. Florida
  4. Massachusetts
  5. California
  6. New York
  7. Oklahoma
  8. Washington
  9. Hawaii
  10. Rhode Island
Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office is the unofficial title of the cat living at the UK Prime Minister's house at 10 Downing Street. There have been 10 Chief Mousers since 1924.

I pick on Tommy from time to time & I - I really shouldn't, because I checked into his childhood. He had a very tragic childhood ... Let me tell you how tragic it was. When Tommy was born, the day he was born, the doctor passed him around so everybody could slap him. -Johnny Carson 1985

Learn something new: Take up a sport, learn to play an instrument, tackle a subject you didn't excel at in school. The joy of being a beginner is exhilarating & rejuvenating.

Send an e-mail from your boss's computer.

Show of Hands:
REVIEW COMMENTS
********************
"Addicted! It's the only app I constantly use."
"An absolute must-have for anyone who's interested in ANYTHING!"
"Great conversation starter!"
"New favorite!"
"This app is the best free one I've downloaded."
DESCRIPTION
*********************
Show of Hands is an easy-to-use real-time ANONYMOUS polling tool. And after 3 years and 60 million votes on public questions that have been featured in places U.S. Congress, MIT, and national television, you can now use the powerful SOH engine to ask your own questions. With it, you can get anonymous answers and have instant discussions with your own work teams, friends, fellow hobbyists or fans, classmates, family members, you name it. If your question is a particularly good one, it might even be posted nationally and earn you thousands of new followers.
If you don't want to publish questions or follow others who do, you can use SOH the way it's always worked - just keep answering the 10(ish) public questions daily. Public poll topics include politics, ethics, pop-culture, sports, parenting, health, humor, religion...whatever seems interesting.
POLL VOTING AND VIEWING:
*********************
After answering each question, you will immediately see the current results of the poll question within your state and nationally, as well be able to view a "red/blue" national map displaying the leading result in every state in the country - just like election night! You can also filter poll results by gender, political party, age, or income range. Wanna know how men's opinion on a question differs from women's, or Republicans from Democrats, or rich folk from po' folk, or teenagers from boomers? Easy!
PRIVACY
*********************
Last but not least: I know that many people have legit concerns about privacy and their personal data. Please keep in mind, SOH users are anonymous. Registering and voting through Show of Hands doesn't even require name or email address. It's ok to admit liking Justin Bieber - it can be your little secret forever.

Women's shelters accept household items that residents can use when they leave the shelter & get their own places.

You may have an important job interview this week so carry a napkin, a bottle of ketchup, & a fire extinguisher at all times. you'll know what to do if the need should arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment