Monday, July 3, 2017

Monday July 3 2017

Bavarian Afghan: $151.85
As will all home crocheted or knitted items, you may find loose ends that have popped out (but will not unravel - weaving in ends was never my strong point), dog hair, &/or MY hair & has been displayed on & off on our sofa pending sale ... but this item will be professionally cleaned before being professionally shipped out to you.

Good ALMOST evening everyone! Wow, what a day it's been in the past 24 hours. Hubby sits at my PC yesterday to look at something I saved in a tab for him & knocked his glass over. My 2017 journal was covered & it turns out that G2 pen ink vanishes when wet. I mean everything is just GONE. My entire year's journal is empty except for a mix of watercolors all over the pages. The book is fairly hosed too. Pages stuck together & rippled ... it's a mess. Oh well. $100 later I have replaced everything. I still have my original black leather DayTimer, so I ordered refills & notepads to the tune of almost $90 after shipping, state tax, & city tax. I'm really confused about all the taxes though because the company isn't even in my home state OR city & I've never seen city tax listed on an online purchase before. After that I did a bunch of research on pens. I loved G2 pens, but since they have water soluble ink, they're no good for me. I came up with the Uniball 207 Premier as my new favorite pen. It writes great & you can soak the paper in water & the ink won't run. I bought a nice silver one for $10. I've felt kinda lost all day without my journal though. I don't know how long before my new DayTimer refills come. While I was setting up my DayTimer with the paper & inserts I still had from over the years, I rewrote my schedule because setting up the DayTimer reminded me of things I used to do & keep track of. I was so excited about all the new stuff on the way & the new schedule, that I couldn't fall asleep until 5:a. I made sure to set an alarm though so I wouldn't sleep all day. I'm going on 4½ hours sleep right now & kinda tired. It doesn't help that I'm also very frustrated. Brand new schedule & the kids BOTH got really chatty today, so here it is, 6:p, & I'm not even HALFway through my schedule which really SUCKS. Oh, and to add to the fun of the past 24 hours, that drink hubby spilled that started all this ... after cleanup was done I said "at least you didn't break the glass". Well, later that night, right as we were getting ready for bed, he poured a glass of juice to take his meds with. He dropped the glass again, but this time it broke. I ran over, picked up the pieces of glass, found a box to put them in, & managed to slice my finger open putting the largest piece in the box. PAIN! OMG that hurt! I squeezed it because if there was any glass in there I was hoping the blood gushing out would wash the glass out. Now I'm feeling woozy because of all the blood. I go to the kitchen sink, turn it on full blast & stick my finger under there. Big mistake! The pressure was too high & I felt the wound open up. EEEEEW! I almost passed out & had to go lay down on the sofa for a while. Eventually, when I could sit up again, I bandaged it up. There was a bunch of other stuff going on today too, but it's all the usual family drama stuff. And people think I just sit & happily crochet or knit all day. HAHAHAHAHA! I wish! I did some work on my Fantasy Garden afghan today while watching the movie True Romance. Not a bad movie & an all-star cast. Then I worked on my favorite entrelac knit afghan & while I was doing that I was SUPPOSED to be watching This is Us on Hulu, but our TV PC got some type of crapware on it & nothing worked. I couldn't get the show to start when I clicked on it, AdBlock went insane & blocked 521 items in about 5 seconds, & then I got this idiot screen saying that my PC had a virus & to call Microsoft support immediately. Assholes. I just left it there for hubby to fix when he got home from work, but eventually the browser ran out of memory & crashed. Man, I'm just having a day. Ugh. Anyway, I hope you've all had a much better day & have a fun & safe 4th of July tomorrow!
Pic of the day via facebook
Friendship Bracelet Pattern of the Day
VirZOOM Arcade is an ever-expanding collection of virtual reality sports for the VirZOOM bike controller. Your pedaling and leaning propel you through race tracks, battle grounds, and soaring skies. Play online live or against ghost players. TRY NOW with Xbox 360, Xbox One, or DS4 controllers!
In Detroit, a lonely pop culture geek marries a call girl, steals cocaine from her pimp, and tries to sell it in Hollywood. Meanwhile, the owners of the cocaine - the Mob - track them down in an attempt to reclaim it.
Knit Pattern of the Day via Pinterest
Structural engineer caught this during a construction site visit. From r/OSHA on Reddit

Snow Leopard KITTENS!

California Dreamin': The Mamas & The Papas
Quote of the Day via Twitter
***
Would you rather listen to music from the 70’s or music from today?

No comments:

Post a Comment