Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 28, 2014

Good morning! Yesterday was a great day. I got everything done that I needed to before playing Minecraft. See, there's the trick. Do everything I need to do BEFORE opening Minecraft ... because once I open that game, it's all over. I don't look up again until it's bedtime. I can't help it. I've tried. The game is stronger than I am. NO willpower to walk away. I still refer to Minecraft as the crack cocaine of the gaming world. You can't just "try it" to see what it's like. You can't just play for 5 minutes. Well, I can't. Many can't. I cleaned the house, sent the grocery list out, took the dogs out, cleared out my iCloud e-mail & read an article about Siri & then instead of working on my hand knit afghan, I opened up Minecraft & started a new game which is a Byzantine Agriculture village. I spent 
much of the game collecting resources for them & then while on a mission out to the desert to find a lot of sandstone for them, I found a lucky box, opened it & a Wither came out! Scared the crap out of me. I had never seen one before & was sitting there saying "Holy crap! Holy crap! Holy crap! It's a friggin' Transformer!" It was flying around & blowing stuff up all around me. Luckily I
was far from home & the village was safe, but holy crap! I was inevitably hit by a strike & died. Oh well, there went all my experience points. I had made it up to about 20 & I had some cool stuff on me. I was way too far from home to respawn & run back & collect my stuff. I wonder if it's still out there flying around. I have no idea if it's a permanent addition to that world now or not. Probably with my luck. Occasionally, the lucky box is very UNlucky. Once before it spawned a crapload of spiders & I died instantly. I might have survived the Wither except I was just standing there staring at it trying to figure out what the hell it was & watching it fly around & blow stuff up. I never ran. I was too mesmerized by it. In between gathering supplies for the Byzantine village, I got tired of sleeping outside & created a nice home for myself out of the materials I had on hand from my expeditions. I made a nice looking home / station from coal blocks & sandstone (2nd & 3rd pics). I can't wait to see which game I'm going to play today. I have many. Not only 1 for each of the half a dozen cultures, but a game for each of the different types of villages for each culture (military, religious, etc.) I also have my multi-player, creative, & plain ol' survival games. Never bored! :)

Archer: "I really thought you were beginning to understand human emotions."
T'Pol: "Not when they apply to primitive quadrupeds who haven't evolved the ability to speak or use a toilet."

Better beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear.

We cannot change the cards we were dealt, just how we play the hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment