Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013

Good morning! Yesterday was a nice relaxing day. Considering it was Cabbage Night in Jersey & Gate Night in N.Y., I was a little worried, but as usual, the trend hasn't made it down to Texas. Nothing happened, which is a good thing. I had breakfast sausage, cleaned the house, got the mail, took the dogs out, & then relaxed on the sofa & finished the entrelac tam (2nd pic) & then almost finished the entrelac kitchen towel I'm working on & then I had pizza delivered for dinner once everyone was home. Yesterday's Sims game was Glenwood
Cottage & my Sim Faith is in the university waiting to see if she just took her mid-terms or her finals. I couldn't sleep last night, so after an hour & a half of trying, I got up, started up my PC, loaded up Sims, & created a retirement house for Sim hubby & I & our pets (3rd - 10th pics). This morning after a 1 hour nap, I took the dogs out & our retired Sims played shuffleboard on the back porch (11th pic). IRL hubby & I will play Backgammon or Risk together tonight. I then loaded up Bridgeport Heights & my Sim Robert is working on his skills & going to work.

Happy Halloween, stargazers! W/ all the candy & treats lying around you'll want to think about a diet soon. Don't be like my Aunt Rita who went on the all Pop Tart & beer diet recently, which is about as effective as a referee on a TV wrestling match.

H.G. Wells's radio drama War of the Worlds depicts Martians invading Jersey, causing fear when listeners believe the performance to be real, 75 years ago yesterday.

In Mexico, instead of saying "trick or treat" during Halloween, children ask "can you give me my little skull?" The small skull, or calaverita, is made of sugar or chocolate.

Most popular horror film franchises of all time top 10:
  1. Friday the 13th
  2. Saw
  3. The Exorcist
  4. Halloween
  5. A Nightmare on Elm Street
  6. Scream
  7. Paranormal Activity
Amityville Horror
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Omen

Skins will practically slip off garlic if you plunge the head in boiling water 1st, then soak it in cold water.

Some people say that you have to like yourself before you can like others ...
but if you don't know yourself, if you don't control yourself, if you don't have mastery over yourself, it's very hard to like yourself, except in some short-term, psych-up, superficial way.

You remember going trick-or-treating? That was fun. Nowadays it's different. It's Beverly Hills. It's unreal over there. Kids go out yelling "Trick or Gucci."





No comments:

Post a Comment