Monday, July 22, 2024

July 22, 2014

Blog Post Previous:
Post #267 of 773 total is from Valentine's Day 2013 in my original blog:
Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you all had a wonderful day. It doesn't matter if you're single, dating, going steady, engaged, or married ... it's a happy day. Hug someone you love: friend, significant other, or furry pet & tell them you love them. Kiss your goldfish's bowl. Hug a Teddy bear. SMILE! Yesterday I went through the mail, had egg salad for breakfast, & then sat down to watch a movie & cross stitch. Since Josh didn't write his hours on my white board, I completely forgot about him until he called me to ask where I was. Ummm ... watching a movie & cross stitching. There was nothing on the board so I forgot. I was 45 minutes late. Do you think he'll remember next time? If you need a ride, the least you can do is do as the driver asks & write your hours on the board. I came back, finished the movie that I had paused, cross stitched until the movie ended & then went up into town to get Kyle from the library. When I got back I went to work on eBay, then put my Avon order away that came while I was working, checked facebook, talked to our daughter Eve on the phone for a while (who, I might add, is TOP OF HER CLASS in nursing school with a 97% average & is currently tied for top grade with another girl who also has a 97% average). Kyle made macaroni & cheese & shared with me, which was great because I was starving. After lunch I sat down to hand knit for a while & Pete joined me & watched a couple shows he likes. I checked Pinterest & by then it was so late that we just settled into our nighttime routine & that was it. Today was crazy busy. I woke up & started my timer to do some beading. Had to pause the timer about 100 times & when all was said & done, 2 hours of beading ended up taking me NINE AND A HALF HOURS. In that 9½ hours, besides the 2 hours of working on my bead banner, I also took Kyle to the Social Security office, we went out to grab something to eat (my breakfast), picked Josh up from work, took Kyle to an appointment, came home, wrote a 2 page letter, talked to my sister-in-law, talked to Pete, the FD got toned out to a small tree on fire under a power line in a cemetery, & it's dark out now. I woke up with the intention of beading for 2 hours to start my day, just finished, & it's DARK OUTSIDE. 20:00 ... 8:p. EVENING. Welcome to my crazy life where 2 hours of beading takes 9½ hours to complete & will probably be the ONLY thing I accomplish today. I'm still behind on my other craft projects ... twice behind on my latch hooking, once behind on my needlepoint, & wanted to go to Culver's for lunch yesterday but by the time I GOT to lunch, Culver's was closed. it was after 10:p by the time I got to LUNCH. As far as pre-planned scheduling ... I technically (on my schedule), haven't gotten to BREAKFAST yet today. The breakfast I had late this afternoon was as a passenger in a sea of errands. I ask this question every day. HOW did I get this busy? I'm not a celebrity. I'm not a CEO working 80 hours a week. I'm a housewife, yet today will end with me not getting to BREAKFAST on my pre-planned schedule. How is that possible? No cleaning the house. No going to work at my home-based business. Nothing. How?! As I said in an earlier post ... I haven't played Sims in over a month now. The 1 & only thing I do that is NOT productive. My only "complete goof off relaxation" hasn't happened in over 30 days. Why? Because it's the LAST thing I do at the end of the day. I make SURE that all the necessities are done 1st, then the hobbies that actually PRODUCE something useful, I make sure I've eaten 3 meals, make sure I've showered ... all the basics, necessities, & productive hobbies are FIRST. THEN & ONLY then, do I load up a game & do absolutely nothing productive or useful. Something that produces nothing but enjoyment. In over 30 days I haven't had ONE DAY that I've gotten to that point. Not ONE. I don't get it. I really don't. As a housewife I should have all the time in the world. Right? I should have time to clean, cook, bathe, then have hours upon hours to just goof off. Work at my home business ... craft ... play games ... eat bon-bons in front of the TV if I felt like it. Right? I'm at a complete loss for an explanation as to WHY it's 8:p & I've done nothing scheduled except beading which was supposed to be just a Thursday morning craft that I do FIRST simply because it's Thursday. It's been a long week. It's almost over, but not quite ... so I craft FIRST for a little while on Thursday mornings & then get to work. IN THEORY. Pete & I have both been so busy today that Valentine's Day hasn't happened for us. I don't know if it will or not. Too busy for Valentine's Day? Now that's just SAD. We'll see.

Blog Today:
I'm not as busy as I used to be back in 2013, but some days I still don't understand how I got so backed up. It's just me & Pete now, so it's a lot better time-wise than it used to be.

Craft:
I got a lot of crocheting done over the weekend & finished the cardigan. I decided to start my 5th version of a crocheted afghan I like to make & realized yesterday while I was setting up to start it that the previous 4 all sold online. ALL OF THEM! How could I never have realized that every single one of them sells? So now I have high hopes of selling this one, too. It's got a 100% sell rate! Wooo! It works fairly fast for an afghan.

DeviantArt of the Day from https://www.deviantart.com/lizc864:

Dinner:
Boiled potato

Friendship Bracelet Pattern of the Day:

Game of the Day:
House Flipper

Home:
I didn't work on the house Saturday because I wanted to do stuff outdoors but it was 94°. I used to love the heat & used to walk a huge dog when it was in the triple digits while 8 months pregnant. I was indestructible (or at least in great shape), but now I can't handle heat over 90° without almost passing out. I don't mind aging, but I do mind the restrictions that didn't used to be there. I feel like such a wuss now. Yesterday I would have liked to clean & / or change out the bedroom curtains but I can't even reach the window because we have all of our stuff plus Kyle's stuff in there & in the spare room. Today I'd like to work on build mode stuff. The last time I had build mode, I looked at wall coverings on Amazon. I found one that was nice & the price was off. Way off. It was too low, by a lot. I clicked the big yellow buy button & the price was still the same. Then I made it all the way through checkout & the price was still the same. I kept expecting them to cancel the order once they figured it out but it never happened. Now I have the largest roll they sell at a small fraction of the actual price. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from them because I'll return it if they want me too. I'm not a thief.

Image of the Day:

Pattern of the Day:

No comments:

Post a Comment