Monday, July 29, 2024

July 29, 2024

Blog Post Previous:
Post #6 of 778 total is from June 22, 2013 in my original blog:
Good morning! I just love our backyard in the summer, blooming & beautiful (1st pic)! Even Browser, Joselyn, & Xoco enjoyed the backyard yesterday (2nd pic). I caught up on a couple projects yesterday, such as my Dark Country Blue Interlocking (3rd pic) & the Tardis (9th pic). Harley is doing great & loves to hang out on the sofa with my while I craft (4th pic). Yesterday I cleaned the house, got the mail & received my vintage Lite Brite (another piece of my childhood recovered), surfed eBay, checked facebook & took my game turns, read the next day of the Fireproof Love Dare, spent some time checking out the IMDb app on my iPad Mini, created the Knit Wit (5th pic) page on my personal Website, took the dogs out, worked on my plastic canvas, crocheted, the FD got toned out to a water leak, I made mozzarella sticks & fried chicken, for dinner w/ pretzels on the side, & sat down & watched TV until Pete got home & then we went straight to bed because neither of us got much sleep for 2 nights in a row. Yesterday's Sims game was the Inventor career & my Sim Lewis went to the university on a distinguished technology award & has been going to classes. This morning the FD got toned out to a med call, I took the dogs out, did my banking for the week, & the FD got toned out to a 2nd med call. Today's Sims game is Tahoe Pines (6th - 8th pics) & my Sim Michael is a teen who is working on various skills since he has no skill or career specific traits. Otherwise not a good day so far.

Blog Today:
Pete's home! He was on vacation for 5 days visiting family to lay his mother to rest next to his father. He got home late yesterday afternoon, fell asleep, then went to work early this morning. By tonight it'll be almost a week since I got to spend any time with him & he won't have any more vacation time coming for a while. His family has had a lot going on, so he's been away a lot. I just hope someday one of his vacations can be spent with me again. I wasn't able to go with him the last 3 trips because I have 4 dogs & a hamster. No, I can't afford to hire a full-time 24/7 pet sitter for a week (my dogs can easily get into a fight if they're alone because they're all brothers) & the last time I loaded all the dogs into the car because I didn't have a choice it was horrible & that was a 2 hour round trip. Halfway across the U.S. isn't going to happen with these dogs & a hamster.

Craft:
I did a lot of research over the weekend on crafts. I tried hot glue gun crafting into the molds I have for resin. It came out beautiful for it's too soft. I can dent it with my thumbnail which means I can't sell any of this stuff. People would wear it once & notice scratches. Also, it took 1 entire glue stick to make a 1" across x ¼" deep pendant. Just ONE pendant! Do you have any idea how many glue sticks it would take to make anything else I have molds for? A coaster for example? Yikes. Ok, so the hot glue gun was fun, but it's out. Then I researched UV resin because it doesn't require all the mixing of "A" & "B". Same price in the end, toxic, & not as strong. So I'm back to the original resin that I use. Turns out I was doing it right from the start. I miss making things with resin. It's been a really long time. I stopped because I was going through resin at a rate of $100/mo. That's expensive for a craft. I'm going to make something today but I haven't decided on what just yet. Most likely coasters & dog pendants since I have brand new holographic molds that I haven't ever used yet. I'm excited, I missed resin crafting. I didn't miss the gloves & the mess though. I'm excited about new coasters & I have SOOO many paints, powders, & addons that I can mix in ... I can't wait to decide on all that later, too!

DeviantArt of the Day from https://www.deviantart.com/lizc864:

Dinner:
Biscuits

Friendship Bracelet Pattern of the Day:

Game of the Day:
I looked at a new game yesterday that I've had in my Steam inventory for a long time. It looks great but it also looks hard. It's called Age of History II. I loaded the game but never got to learn or play it because Pete was home. Maybe someday. Today I'd like to look at another random game from my Steam library.

Home:
I'm going to check my Amazon Wishlist for home items & also the deals of the day. I probably won't buy anything though. I need more resin. lol

Image of the Day:

Pattern of the Day:

No comments:

Post a Comment