Tuesday, July 23, 2024

July 23, 2024

Blog Post Previous:
Post #443 of 774 total is from September 3, 2013 in my current blog:
Good morning! I hope everyone had a fun & safe Labor Day weekend. My Labor Day was mostly all talking & programming. I had a 2½ hour talk w/ someone, then spent 3½ hours rewriting my entire schedule which not only required moving everything around, but putting all of the code behind it for my Website. Then another 1½ hour talk, then I set up the treadmill & that was it. It doesn't sound like much & in writing, it wasn't ... but being there live took a lot longer than writing it down here. My schedule will change again, but not until the end of November. Then it'll change again in June. The only other change I can see happening before then is if the booth doesn't work out & we decide to discontinue it. Then all of that comes out. It's up to someone else though as to how long they'd like to continue the booth. Yesterday's Sims game was Chestnut Hill & my Sim Lewis is in the university on an apprentice science award. He's been going to classes. The FD got toned out early this morning to a med call, I took the dogs out & loaded up Sims. Today's game is California Mansion by Curtis Paradis (2nd pic). My Sim is Ferris. An angler & natural cook who is nurturing, hates the outdoors, & his hydrophobic. His lifetime wish is to be a celebrated 5-star chef & he likes grilled cheese, custom music, & the color spiceberry. He's a Gemini. His furry companion is a Havana Brown cat named Orlando who is destructive, a genius, & friendly. Ferris is going to build up his fishing & cooking skills before enrolling in the university so he gets a scholarship & doesn't have to do a full 3 full-time Sim weeks in the university. Today is day 1 of my 2 days off this week. YAY! City council meeting tonight @ 7:p. It's been a few decades, but I just almost started a fire in the kitchen. I put an egg on to boil & still had the heat on full. I completely forgot about it & didn't remember until just now when I heard a pop. I had no idea what that pop was, so I sat here for a moment ... listened, didn't hear anything more, & then went on w/ my business. About a minute later I heard whistling, but I thought it was a squeak. The cat caught a mouse & brought it in? Nope, both cats are sleeping soundly. When I glanced over at the kitchen, I saw the stove light on & the pot on the burner ... then I remembered. CRAP! I ran over there & of course there wasn't ANY water left in the pot & the egg popped open. That was the sound I heard. I took it off the burner & turned the heat off. I'll wait until it cools before I go take a closer look at it just in case it isn't done popping. That's all I need ... to have to call the LCFD because I have eggshell shrapnel embedded in my face. Now THAT would be embarrassing! How would I explain that to dispatch? Egg grenade??

Blog Today:
Egg grenade ... HAHAHA! I just saw a job Kyle would have loved & I wish he was still here so I could tell him about it. Airplane Repo. The pay is pretty damn good, too! I spent a lot of time yesterday looking at courses I want to take vs courses I should take. Half are for personal interest which doesn't make money, the other half is what could actually make money. Of course I can't justify dumping big money into courses that won't make that money back & then some, so I shifted my focus to the courses that are useful. $1k for an Information Technology course. At the end you get a certificate. I don't need the certificate, I just need the knowledge so I went over to a different site where I can learn all the same stuff but at $15 / course instead of $1k. I'd have to take every course separately (all the different things they taught in the $1k class, but even then it's a LOT cheaper. While I was there I looked at tons of other courses because for an average of $15 each, I can afford to take classes I don't "need". In the end I saved a lot of courses to my wishlist & every single one of them are useful. Yay! Today I'm going to probably study swing trading strategies since I'm a swing trader & any & all knowledge in that field would be very useful.

Craft:
I got some crocheting done yesterday & it would have been a lot more if I didn't spend literally hours looking at courses.

DeviantArt of the Day from https://www.deviantart.com/lizc864:

Dinner:
Liverwurst on Rye

Friendship Bracelet Pattern of the Day:

Game of the Day:
Randomly owned game from my Steam account (I have over 100). Kyle has so much more than that & I own his account too now, so when I land on a random game from his account it'll be really interesting because they're games I'm not familiar with at all.

Home:
I didn't work on the house yesterday because I was looking at half walls. A nice idea if you have a huge house with an open floor plan, but this house is a little too small for the half wall thing. Today I'm going to look at stuff on Etsy for the home.

Image of the Day:

Pattern of the Day:

No comments:

Post a Comment