Friday, July 5, 2024

July 5, 2024

Blog Post Previous:
Post #445 of 762 total is from September 5, 2013 in my current blog:
Good morning! Yesterday was finally more of a day off than the previous day. I cleaned the house, did my 40 minutes uphill on the treadmill, & then sat down & started a Princeton Panthers Vertical Eyelet Hand Knit Afghan . The afghan is in the Princeton Panthers school colors of maroon & white, although in the pic it looks more like red. It's maroon though. I've decided after starting this project that this particular type of yarn isn't really good for knit afghans, so I'll use it next time for a crocheted afghan & I'll use Red heart Classic & Super Saver multis for hand knit afghans. Yesterday's Sims game was the Sports Agent career & my Sim Peter has been working on his skills. This morning I took the dogs out, had Tootie Fruities for breakfast & then started a new game in Sims, this one for the fisherman career. My Sim is Olivia (1st gen) & she's an angler, a born saleswoman, loves the heat, loves the outdoors, & is an animal lover. Her lifetime wish is to present the perfect private aquarium which requires 13 perfect fish in 13 fishbowls which she purchased stands for & set up outside her single wide since there wasn't enough room inside.

Blog Today:
I won! ... Again! I live stream on Twitch 24/7/365. Once a day I'll check out other streamers for ideas & to support them with a view. I will load up a stream in the current category that I'm currently streaming in & load the streamers immediately to my left & right in the list. About a year ago I loaded one up & it was a wood shop. They make custom items including beautiful dice sets. I was in there maybe 5 minutes when they ran a raffle & I won a $200 custom dice set in a beautiful wooden box. OMG! I felt bad, all the regular viewers who were always there & wanted so badly to win ... and here comes this stranger who sticks her head in the door, looks around, & wins. The dice are SOOO beautiful! My crown jewel of dice. I collect dice, I love them. Some people collect thimbles, some collect fridge magnets or little spoons, I collect dice. Here we are a year later & I'm still sticking my head in the door, checking out streamers mostly in the Makers & Crafting category since that's usually the category I'm in. Actually, today I'm in the Police Scanner Radio category so I loaded up the streams over there. I see I have a notification & assumed it was yet another message from a spammer "Best viewers on **" I get those messages constantly. If they post in the stream chat I ban them. Some come in as a private message though. I open my messages & it says I won a raffle from a stream I popped in on yesterday for 3 minutes. It's a constant 24/7 stream without a human (like my streams) but this one is 2 cameras pointing at 2 different 3D printers. Boy have these things gotten better since I 1st started looking at them years ago. They're MUCH faster now & the prices have come down out of the stratosphere. Oh, and they make color 3D printers now. You can print in more than 1 color (up to 16 colors)! So anyway, I popped in on this stream, watched it for about 3 minutes & won a raffle. I won a mixed lot of 3D prints that he's made & a spool of filament! Do you know what that means? I now have the excuse I've been looking for to finally buy a 3D printer! I have filament (soon) & well ... I need something to put it in! I'm trying to decide between 3 printers: Bambu Labs small color printer, Bambu Lab large color printer, or Creality single color printer. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with color, so that last one is probably going to lose the vote. So do I go small & risk loving it so much that I want to upgrade soon or do I go big or go home & just start with the best one & hope it's not like all the other crafts I've tried out & didn't like much (Cricut, resin crafts, etc). Ugh ... decisions decisions.

Craft:
I decided not to start over on the socks. Working on size 3 needles takes longer, but I already started so I might as well finish. I didn't work on them yesterday because it was a holiday & Pete was home. I slept in & never even got to it. I got distracted working on my schedule adding things in like Udemy classes & YouTube channels.

Dinner:
Tonight I'm going to have a prepared mashed potato cup. Those things are really good! If Pete doesn't stop at the store (he probably won't because we don't NEED any staples so he doesn't NEED to stop at the store & come straight home ... then it's spaghetti night (default dinner).

Game of the Day:
Cities Skylines

Home:
The home location I'd like to concentrate on improving today is the front yard. The only problem with that is when I get to that it's also going to be the hottest time of the day & here, that's going to be 9o° which is right on the line. I could go out there & sweat or I could stay inside & wish I straightened up the front yard. I think I'll check the temp when I get to it & decide then. At the very least I need to pull some weeds that are blocking the driveway camera's view.

Minecraft:
My next project on my friends server is planting crops. I want potatoes (my favorite food) & wheat (for bread & breeding).

Image of the Day:

Reading:

  • Emotional: The emotional maximum (99%) gives a sense of completeness, motivation, elation, & a desire to create and love. However, during this period, situations of disharmony or alienation may produce keen reactions due to increased sensitivity.
  • Awareness: My awareness is at only 1% today. My confidence is crap today, this is why I can't decide on a printer, I'm terrified of making the wrong choice & when you're talking about this much money, you don't want to be wrong.
  • Day: Today is a day for Completion, Giving day, Release, Road trip, Sense of community, Spa day, Volunteering, Wrap things up.
  • Month: Compassion, Creative / Crafting, Harmony, Home, Love, Security, & Simple Pleasures.
  • Year: Change, Discovery, Freedom, & Travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment