Tuesday, November 5, 2013

November 5, 2013

Good morning! Yesterday was a good day. I made scrambled eggs for breakfast, cleaned the house, got the mail, went through my iCloud e-mail, took the dogs out, made mozzarella sticks for lunch, went through my iCloud e-mail again, looked through my My Documents CD, then sat down & worked on my Blacklight Beauty Crochet Afghan until dinner time & then made Hobo Dinner. Yesterday's Sims game was Tahoe Pines & my Sim Michael Shallow has been working on his skills & enjoying his Sim life to the fullest. This morning I took the dogs out & all of my Sim selves
worked on their athletic skills. There's the Sim replica of this house, our retired Sim selves, & today's game is more of our Sim self replicas, but this time in the replica of the house I grew up in, 40 Summit Ave (2nd pic). Since there was no work out equipment in that house originally, I put the equipment in the attic & Sim hubby & I are up there getting our athletic on (3rd pic). It sure brings back a LOT of memories being in that house in the game. I built it to
look exactly as it did back in the 70s, which had appliances & furniture from the 50s. I'm sure as I play it I'll be updating some things like the stove & TV for starters. After all, if we DID still live in that house for real, we would have updated the appliances & electronics for sure by now.

24.3 lbs.: Annual candy consumption per American.
Earworms:
"Earworms is basically the online equivalent of Mutually Assured Destruction, but sometimes you need the nuclear option." - Brad Hilderbrand, 148apps.com
"I can definitely see some use for this app – especially if you have office colleagues who you need to share some ‘weaponized’ music with – you know the ones." – iSource.com
Finally, music as a weapon!
Ever gotten a song stuck in your head? Wouldn't it be fun to stick it in someone else's head? Earworms lets you email samples of unfortunately unforgettable songs to friends and enemies, songs like "Poker Face" and "Achy Breaky Heart." It's the ultimate musical gotcha. Additional song samples are available for in-app purchase.

I have so much to do today, I'll need to spend another hour on my knees. -Martin Luther

MyCongress:
***UPDATED FOR 113th CONGRESS***
*** IMPORTANT UPDATE: Twitter has updated their API, requiring users to be authenticated to view Twitter timelines. You can find out how to setup an account on your iPad here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5500. ***
MyCongress is a portal to detailed information about your elected U.S. Congressional officials. Track their news, video and Twitter feeds. Look up their official Open Congress profile or contact them directly. MyCongress helps you get in touch with your government.

Number the lids & bottoms of plastic containers w/ a permanent marker. They'll be easy to match, so putting away leftovers is a snap.

Sir Isaac Newton was elected as a member of the Parliament of England & served just 1 year. During that time, he said 1, & only 1, sentence during the lengthy proceedings: he asked a nearby usher to close a window.

Someone w/ an "E" in their name will spread rumors about you. Laugh it off & then when it seems all is forgotten, have them rubbed out. -Jeff Foxworthy

Tommy Newson went to the polls to vote. They took 1 look at him & gave him an absentee ballot. -Johnny Carson 1974

Uses for a wire coat hanger or clothes hanger top 10:
  1. Replace a car antenna
  2. Unplug a toilet
  3. Toast hot dogs & marshmallows over an open campfire
  4. Unblock a vacuum cleaner hose
  5. Unlock a car door
  6. Tie up a sagging exhaust pipe or muffler
  7. Create a metal sculpture
  8. Hang wet clothes
  9. Reach anything out of reach
  10. Paper towel holder

No comments:

Post a Comment