Friday, February 19, 2016

February 19, 2016 Computer Upgrade

I love my PC ... it's a custom-built gaming PC & was on the pricey side. I've got the best Keyboard there is, the G910, & 2 large flatscreen TVs that I use as dual monitors. When it comes to my computer, I didn't spare any cost because it's where I spend most of my waking time. It didn't make sense to not have the best. If you spend all day in your car, you make sure it's a really good one. All day on your phone? You get the best. Quality & reliability matter when your whole day is spent relying on an object. The only problem is, my amazing PC is now about 6 years old & even though I still love it, it was starting to have issues keeping up with me. I game, I live stream, I record videos. I can do any 1 of those 3 things effortlessly ... but as soon as I combine any 2 of them, my PC starts to choke. If I attempt all 3, it flat out has a stroke. It was time to bite the bullet & upgrade. I've had a pre-built off the shelf PC & it was horrible. All of my PCs except for that one have been home-built. This new PC is the very 1st pre-built gaming PC I've ever bought. It may not be the best, but it was the best I could afford at the moment & will do what I need it to do for a long time to come. Hopefully another 6 years. :)




This beauty has: 
  • 3.3GHz Intel Core i7-5820K processor with 15MB L3 cache
  • Windows 10 operating system
  • 2TB SATA hard drive
  • 128GB solid-state drive
  • 16GB DDR4 system memory; expandable to 64GB
  • DVD/CD player/burner
  • NVIDIA GTX960 graphics
  • High Definition Audio
  • Has 10/100/1000 Ethernet, 14 USB ports, HDMI output, DVI port and headphone/microphone jack
  • Includes keyboard, mouse, restore disc and power cord
  • Approx. 9"W x 23-3/4"D x 22-3/4"H
It'll be here on the 29th. WOO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment