Sunday, February 7, 2016

February 7, 2016

Hello Russia! And everyone else. :) It seems most of my views are from Russia last week, so that's why the shout-out. So how is everyone? I hope you all had a good week. Well, there's a lot to cover from the past week, so let's get started!


Age of Empires III (YouTube Let's Play): This game wasn't too bad. I enjoyed it, but I couldn't figure out how to record it for a YouTube Let's Play. I use OBS & it was listed as "Explorer" & the audio was there, but no video. If anyone knows how to record this game other than in-game with it's own special extension that can only be played back from the game's main menu, I'd appreciate a quick "how-to". I know it can be done because other people have posted this game on YouTube. Anyway, It was a relatively short game. I died. I was doing well, had some buildings up, even had a wall ... but then one of the AI players came in, knocked down the wall, & killed everyone. Still, not bad for my 1st time. :)


Biomes O' Plenty (Minecraft mod of the week): This is a mod that when I 1st found it, I loved it! I HAD to have it in every world I played & even started a modded server just so I could have it. Then, over time, I got bored with it. Not because it didn't have enough, but because it seemed to overwrite all the regular biomes in Minecraft, leaving only Biomes O' Plenty biomes. I really missed the plains & taigas ... my 2 favorite biomes. I preferably love to start building my home in the plains right on the edge of a taiga because I love building with Spruce logs as the corner accents of my home. Well, after quite a long time I decided to try out Biomes O' Plenty again for the purpose of the mod of the week & it's changed. There are Biomes O' Plenty biomes, but they didn't overrun the vanilla biomes. Now I really love it & am running modded Minecraft again just to run this mod. I think you'll like it, it adds a lot without doing away with the tried & true vanilla favorites.


Captain Phillips (Movie): "The true story of Captain Richard Phillips and the 2009 hijacking by Somali pirates of the US-flagged MV Maersk Alabama, the first American cargo ship to be hijacked in two hundred years."


FeatherJump (Plugin of the week): This plugin wasn't bad. If you're holding a feather, you can jump farther. I didn't really get how it worked though ... if you're on flat ground in the plains, you jump a little farther, but not much. If I was going up a hill next to my house, I suddly jumped very high & landed on my roof, which was kinda cool. Be careful jumping down hill though, as you will still take fall damage as you normally would.


Gallifrey (Minecraft server): MineCraft_Gallifrey Server is a semi Vanilla server that 120 slots. sethome, home, spawn, vote are the commands you can use when first signing in. Land claims protect your things, so no worries! We also have a strong economy. Several ranks can be earned through challenges. And anyone can join!
The server is run by a mature staff. The staff are trustworthy and very welcoming and we would all love for some players to join our server. Come fight the Ender Dragon with us!
Commands are free, but must be earned! Gallifrey is not pay to win!!
Plugins installed on server: Grief Prevention, Chest Shop


Goximo (Minecraft server): Goximo is your standard community-centric PvE survival server. We also a few neat features and quality of life improvements here and there. We are brand spanking new and are hoping to build a laid-back, friendly environment to make new friends. We expect all players and staff to play legit. We do not allow teleport commands such as /tpa, with only /spawn being the exception. (2h cooldown)


Harness (Crochet project): I'm working on a crochet harness for my dog Taz since they are so expensive in stores. I don't have directions, but I'm basing it on the one shown in the photo above.


Modded UHC (Minecraft modpack): This one was way out of my league. It's for people who like a challenge & who understand quest modpacks, which I don't. I tried it for a little while, but quickly lost interest. You can't craft a tool & have it work, none of the vanilla tools will actually mine anything. Something that leaves me out real quick. LOL!


Need for Speed Most Wanted (Twitch broadcast): This was the game of the week for my live twitch broadcast. My son played it & had a great time. "To be Most Wanted, you’ll need to outrun the cops, outdrive your friends, and outsmart your rivals. With a relentless police force gunning to take you down, you’ll need to make split-second decisions. Use the open world to your advantage to find hiding spots, hit jumps and earn new vehicles to keep you one step ahead. In true Criterion Games fashion, an enhanced Autolog puts your friends at the heart of your experience. In an open world with no menus or lobbies, you’ll be able to instantly challenge your friends and prove your driving skill in a variety of seamless multiplayer events. Your rivals will do everything they can to stop you from getting to the top. In this world, there can only be one Most Wanted."

Owl Academy (Minecraft server): This server is for the young. I've found players on here to be generally mean towards older people & mean to each other. The last time I played they were cursing & threatening each other as to what they would do to each other if they ever met in real life. However, the server itself is great, which is why I keep returning. They have a lot of custom plugins, a great map, & several worlds to choose from.


Popped Chorus Fruit (Minecraft block): I haven't had any experience with this block yet as I rarely play the 1.9 snapshots & the couple times I did, I didn't come across this block. It looks interesting though & I like the block it creates when you combine 4 of them. To pop a chorus fruit, according to the wiki, you need to smelt them in an oven. Once they pop you combine them to create that purple block shown above.


Realistico (Minecraft texture pack): This texture pack isn't too bad. I liked how things look & it was still easy to tell what I was looking at. I didn't use it as intended though, my screenshot doesn't include shaders & bump mapping. "Realistico has an innovative approach to Minecraft: it has been created with the bump mapping in mind. 
As a default, a standard, a normal thing. 
Minecraft doesn't "support" bump mapping (or anything which is realistic), so Realistico requires the Shaders mod to work properly. 

This doesn't stop you from playing it without Shaders and bump mapping, but keep in mind that you need the Shaders mod along with a shaderpack (the SEUS, in particular ) to get the full experience. 

PS: I know what you're thinking: "512x textures, Shaders mod, bump mapping - what else?". Yes, you need a powerful PC to play it. 



Rehab (Minecraft server): Rehab is another server I've been on for a long time. The staff is friendly & so are the other players. I have a beautiful farmhouse on this server along with a new build I've begun working on which is shown above.


Shutter Island (Movie): This was a good movie & I wasn't expecting it to end like it did. "The implausible escape of a brilliant murderess brings U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his new partner (Mark Ruffalo) to Ashecliffe Hospital, a fortress-like insane asylum located on a remote, windswept island. The woman appears to have vanished from a locked room, and there are hints of terrible deeds committed within the hospital walls. As the investigation deepens, Teddy realizes he will have to confront his own dark fears if he hopes to make it off the island alive."



Sim City (YouTube Let's Play): My 1st YouTube Let's Play is on one of the games I've had for a while & really enjoy, but haven't played in a while so I'm a bit rusty. I think I did pretty good though, the city has a nice positive income & the people are generally happy. Not bad for a 1st time in years. LOL! You can view this & all my future Let's Play videos on my YouTube channel by clicking on the link above in the title for this paragraph.



Trust (Movie): We're going to wrap this week up with a movie called Trust. "A teenage girl is targeted by an online sexual predator."

Well folks, that was my week. How was yours? Until next time, have a wonderful week & I'll see you on Valentine's Day! Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment