Wednesday, February 24, 2016

February 24, 2016 New PC arrives today!

The new PC arrives today & I'm finding it very difficult to do the things I should be doing. The anticipation is driving me insane. I keep staring out the window looking for the UPS truck. I'll try not to kiss the UPS driver when he gets here. I know once the PC gets here nothing more will get done today other than setting up the PC way into the night. That's why part of me says take the whole day off ... but the other part of me says to get as much done as possible before the timer hits zero & the truck stops out front. This PC is going to be great. The specs are amazing & more than double what I have now. My current PC will be inherited by my husband who is going to turn it into a server. God knows it's got enough drive bays in it. It was the largest case I could find at the time. A Cooler Master case with more than enough space to add anything I could want. Now, 6 years later, I find I don't really need all that space. No one uses floppy drives anymore, I haven't touched the DVD/CD drive in years (I don't even think it works anymore), & a single hard drive is a couple terabytes easy ... so ... nope, don't need all that space. This new PC was centered around the processor & video card. Size of the case had nothing to do with it. I feel like a kid the night before Christmas & Santa is driving a brown truck.





No comments:

Post a Comment